Monday, July 20, 2009

Small Town Fun



Last weekend we celebrated Pioneer days. We had some friends and family join us, and we went to a parade in Snowflake, a rodeo in Taylor, and watched fireworks at the park. The weather was great and the company was awesome. I know Taylor isn't exactly a destination place, but every now and then, the town can throw a pretty great party. I know I say this all the time, but I'll say it again, I love living in a small town.
Adam's sister Heather came with her kids, and Adams brother Travis brought up his family. The kids all had so much fun with their cousins. I think cousins make the best kind of friends. Heather brought up a little motorcycle for the kids to ride. Eliza and Caleb learned how to ride it and Sarah learned how not to ride it. She's O.K. but I think it will be a while before she gets on a motorcycle again :)
In other news, our garden is doing great. We are harvesting peas, zucchini, squash, cucumber, cilantro, and dill. In a couple of weeks we'll be picking tomatoes and corn and carrots We'll see how the watermelon and cantaloupe do but they aren't going to be ready for a while yet.
The Trio are are counting down the days until school starts. (so am I.) I'll enjoy a couple hours to myself each day but I'm not quite sure what I'll do with myself yet. Any Ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Ruth! keep it up! Do you have any pictures of the kids on the motorcycle? I'd love to show Michael. Anyways, see ya round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics of the kids, You are an awesome sister! Miss you, love you, big hugs to you today. Tell me how they liked school.

    ReplyDelete