Sunday, June 27, 2010

Burk Family Womens Conference

Every year the female decendants (in-laws included)of my Grandma Burk, get together for a few days and hold our own version of Womens conference.
We have a service project, do crafts, share testimonies, talents, and expieriences, and basicaly uplift and edify eachother.
This years conference was held at my home. So Adam took the kids down to his parents house in the valley last week while mothers, sisters, cousins and infant nephiews gatherd here.
Thursday night was spent visiting and getting settled in. On Friday, Lydia taught us some card making techniques and we made sympathy cards to be donated to hostpitals for women who've lost their newborns. My mother lost a child who was stillborn several years ago, so she was able to help guide us in the process of making them.
We then took tunrs sharring things that we've learned in the past year, and my mom and grandma gave a devotional on slowing down, taking time to do what is most important in our lives and drawing closer to our Father in Heaven.
Saturday was spent packing up visiting some more and saying goodbye.
I love our womens conference tradition. I love all the women in my family, and look forword to getting together again next year.

2 comments: