Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 The Good, The Bad, and The UGLY!!

We spent Thanksgiving with the Quists this year in the small AZ mining town of Bagdad where  my sister Lydia and my brother Paul both live with their families. We all made the pilgrimage there for this year's feast.

The Good:
 The trip there was great. The car ran good, we got snowed on in Flagstaff (always fun for the kids).
We had a wonderful feast with everyone. Neither home would comfortably seat 30 people so we used the LDS church building cultural hall. Plenty of room, and plenty of great food!!
The kids all had a blast playing with their cousins. I had fun playing games with my siblings and crafting with my sisters. We all watched Pumpkin Chunkin' on the science channel at Lydia's house that night, and I'm sure I burned enough calories from laughing that I canceled out the calories from all the pie I ate.
We went on some fun buggy rides. There are tons of fun trails around Bagdad. Adam wants to go back soon to do more exploring with the Ranger.





The Bad:
I love Black Friday shopping. Unfortunately the nearest town with shopping is an hour and a half from Bagdad. I missed all the great deals this year.  I was able to find a couple gifts on-line, but it's just not the same.

The UGLY :
My niece got sick on Thursday night and by Saturday 11 family members including all three of my kids were sick. REALLY sick!! I've never seen a flu bug spread so quickly in my life.  We had a LONG night on Friday, and we ended up having to cancel our trip down to the valley to visit the Gurrs.
We did manage to make the trip home without anyone getting "sick" in the car, but the bathroom at the Walmart in Winslow may never be the same.

And there you have it. Thanksgiving.  We'll take the good, we'll take the bad. We'll take em' both....But we could do without the UGLY!

2 comments:

  1. That's great Ruth!!! Ben and I both came down with it as well, it hit us both about 4 pm on Sarturday. I am curious what the count is at now, my count is at 12, unless there are ones I don't know about. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts! You're tree looks great. I never thought of home made decorations, but they really look cool! I saw your in laws on Thursday and they mentioned you guys got sick--that stinks. There's a taco bell bathroom somewhere in az that will never be the same again after a Gardner family reunion--ha ha . I hear you on that one!

    ReplyDelete