Sunday, August 19, 2012

Women's conference 2012

I spent the last weekend in June with some of my favorite women at our annual Burk family women's conference. This year, the conference was held at my aunt Julies home. The theme for our conference this year was "Daughters in my kingdom".
 The conference started out with a wonderful devotional given by my cousin Valerie. Amanda taught us how to bake yummy who whole wheat bread. And my cousin Shelly had a class on music and how I blesses our lives.
For our service project this year, we made baby quilts and put together
Kits for a charity called Newborns in Need.
The blankets and kits are given to women who have babies in the NICU.
We spent lots of time talking and laughing and sharing life experiences with one another. I am so grateful to have these women in my life to learn from their examples and draw strength from their testimonies.

I forgot my camera. Luckily My awesome sis. Amanda took some great photos and I was able to copy them.



No comments:

Post a Comment