Sunday, October 22, 2017

BFWC 2017

On October 12th the girls and I went down to the Valley to attend the Annual Burk Family Women's Conference. We drove down on Thursday morning and spent the day antique shopping in down town Mesa. It was funny seeing the girls reactions to the "Old" things that were comonplace when I was a child.
The conference didn't start until later that night, so we had some time to go check out the Mesa Temple visitors center. We haven't been there in a very long time and we enjoyed all there was to see and do there.
Women's Conference was awesome as usual. It was fun to have my girls there with me for the first time, but I missed Amanda terribly. In fact,  it seemed that no matter how much fun I was having, I was always on the verge of tears. It ended up being a pretty emotional weekend for me. Just before heading home, the girls and I visited Amanda's grave for the first time. I was able to let out a lot of the emotions that I'd tried holding back all weekend and it felt good to just cry for a bit.
I love women's conference and all the women who attend. They are all such great examples for me and my girls to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment