Sunday, March 14, 2010

Random

We started this week not really knowing what town we'd be living in. No, we weren't thinking of moving or anything, there was an election held on Tuesday to see if the citizens of Taylor and Snowflake wanted to consolidate the towns to make on larger town. If this happened, our town would be Snowflake-Taylor, or Taylor-Snowflake. We are grateful the citizens in Taylor voted "no" and so, we still live in Taylor. YAY!
Not only did we not know what town we'd be living in, but we still don't know what season it is! Is it Winter or Spring? We sure wish Mother Nature would make up her mind. We started of the week with sunshine on Monday, snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. More sunshine and warmth on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Today we woke up to an inch of snow on the ground. I take comfort in the phrase "No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow."

The kids have enjoyed learning about Leprechauns in school. They have been hard at work trying to figure out how to catch one of those sneaky fellas and get his gold. I hope they succeed, I hear gold is a good investment these days. We're still trying to figure out what bait will work best. Any suggestions?
This week I've been working on finishing this very Random patch work quilt. A couple of months ago, I went into my sewing room to clean out my fabric cupboard. I emerged two days latter with a crazy quilt top. I'm finally finishing it this week. Yay me!

5 comments:

  1. That is quite funny about your city name and weather conditions. Random for your title is very appropriate. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been raining a lot here in the valley and every time it rains I wonder if it's snowing where you are. I am glad you are still a Taylor resident. That would've been so weird for you to be living in Taylor-Snowflake. Good job on the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful! Way to go Ruth. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a COOL quilt top, I didn't know you had that talent. I'll have to show my mom, she loves quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that we still live in Taylor still! What a huge issue over something so stupid! Anyways, I always anticipate that first crocus comming up too. I cant hardy wait for Spring!! Also great job on the quilt. What a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete