Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ghoulish Gourds

Earlier in October, I had heard a rumor that there was a pumpkin shortage this year...Impossible, I thought.
There are always tons of pumpkins around. A shortage won't affect us. WRONG!! I went to the local Grocery store on the Saturday before Halloween, and they were all out of pumpkins! So, Unless I wanted to drive 20 miles to Show Low to try and find one, I had to come up with a plan....Then, I remembered the gourds. A couple years ago I planted some decorative gourds in our garden and every year they keep coming back! I told the kids to go out and collect as many as they could. They came in with arm fulls and with the best ones, we made some Halloween Gourd creatures. The kids loved it and didn't miss carving a pumpkin. We had so much fun getting creative and trying to figure out how to attach heads, make them stand, and make them look cool.
Ghoulish Gourds!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment