Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Little Makover

We have been busy getting ready to host an exchange student for the school year. Her room is upstairs where all the walls are painted a different primary color so to make things easy for myself, I decided to have her bed and furnishings be black/white so it would be easy to coordinate .  I wanted her to have  a little desk in her room for her studies, but we were on a tight budget. Luckily I found a sweet desk at a yard yard sale for just $12.00!! The bottom drawer handle was already black, so I painted the other knobs black to match and gave the desk a quick white wash. I found the chair at my favorite thrift shop for $3.00!!! Yes, it was UGLY, but I also managed to find two yards of black corduroy for a  $1.00!! With a quick spray of white paint and a little work with my trusty staple gun, I managed to makeover the chair in less than an hour. I am happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment