Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hello Daisy

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, and filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."
Author Unknown
           

After we lost sweet Rosie, we felt an emptiness in our home. We knew right away that it would take a new dog to fill that emptiness. We just didn't know we'd be filling it so soon.

I felt like I needed more time to grieve, but after the fourth night in a row, of listening to the kids cry themselves to sleep, We knew we needed a new dog soon. Adam was the first to bring up the subject, which surprised me. I knew he loved Rosie, but he's never really cared much for dogs in general. Evidently, the kids and I weren't the only ones feeling the emptiness. 

The weekend after we lost Rosie we were driving down to the valley. I was just browsing craigslist and saw an ad for a shih tzu mix puppy in Phoenix.  I clicked on the add, and a little puppy, who looked like a miniature Rosie was pictured.  Without saying anything, I discreetly showed the picture to Adam. He had two words for me. "Get it!" 
"But it's a puppy...." I said "I thought we'd find another grown dog"
"Get it!"
"We'll have to potty train...."
"Get it!"
"It feels to soon for me."
"Get it!"
"But this puppy costs 200.00!!!" 
He pulled out his wallet and handed me 300.00.

So I called the owner and asked several questions about the puppies. And made arrangements to take the kids to "just look". 

As expected, it was love at first sight. The kids picked up the little apricot colored girl. They couldn't put her down. And for the first time in a week, I saw genuine smiles on the kids faces.

We named her Daisy. A cheerful little summer flower. The name fits her very well. But often times we call her Dopey, because she's actually a pain in the rear most of the time! Potty training her has been a nightmare, and she chews on EVERYTHING!  She has a lot of spunk and keeps us on our toes. She loves car rides, buggy rides, rain and we just recently found out that she loves the snow!  All things Rosie hated. We love this funny little girl. And she's doing a good job of filling the "emptiness"!

            Taking a nap on Daddy. She's actually become quite the "daddy's girl" 

She's growing so quickly!







No comments:

Post a Comment