Monday, September 14, 2009

Grandparents Day !

Yesterday was a Holiday! Happy Grandparents Day to all of you Grandmas and Grandpas. We are very blessed in our family with lots of grandparents who are such a wonderful part of our children's lives. In addition to having Grandma and Grandpa Quist and Gurr, we also have Great Grandma and Grandpa Gurr and Burk. All of these Grandparents are such great examples of love and service to our family.
We were very lucky to get to have Grandma and Grandpa Quist visit us this past weekend. We spent all day Saturday bottling homemade salsa, pickles, and tomatoes. My garden has blessed us with an abundance of produce and it was great to have help preserving our harvest.
My dad, aka. Grandpa Quist is the best story teller. The kids can sit for hours listening to him read. When I hear him read Dr. Suess it brings back fond memories of my own childhood, I still love all of the different voices he has for Horton the Elephant, Yertle the Turtle, and Those silly Sneaches.





In addition to being Grandparents day, Sunday was also our ward's primary program. Eliza, Sarah and Caleb all did a wonderful job. They had their lines memorized, and didn't sound a bit nervous when they said them. Great job kids. This picture was taken just before we left for church. See, I clean them up,...once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love grandparents! Great job on the canning. Those kids do clean up nice! I bet they were super cute for the program. Primary programs are always my favorite Sundays!

    ReplyDelete