Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's a Grand Old Flag !


This past Friday, the kids took part in the flag raising at their school. They sang "Yankee Doodle", "You're a Grand Old Flag", "My Country Tis' of Thee", and "Battle Hymn of the Republic". The kids all looked and sounded great! At a time when it's hard to feel patriotic, These children reminded me that our country is truly great, and I am blessed to live in it.
In other news, Sarah earned the Citizen ship award at school on Thursday. Great job Sarah!
On Saturday we spent the entire day pulling weeds, tilling soil, hoeing rows and planting asparagus, onion bulbs, chives, and cilantro. It was a long hard day of work, but we are glad to have our garden started. next weekend we'll plant peas, broccoli, and lettuce. In early-mid May we should be able plant everything else. I love having a garden.



4 comments:

  1. I feel so patriotic now! :)
    I love gardens as well, since we are moving this summer, we decided not to plant this year...I already miss the preparation, not to mention the reward!! Oh how I love fresh fruits and veggies straight out of the garden. Your garden sounds scrumptious! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures (: I don't know if you noticed, in the pictures you took of them all by themselves, Caleb and sarah have kids farely close to them then you get to eliza and the kids are far away and are looking at her funny. I lOVE IT!!!! I laughed so hard.
    Love, Malorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Real Stacey says... Here's a new Gurr-ism for you its Snot rag. Today I told Nathaniel to throw away his Snot rag and he looked at me funny and I said It's a Kleenex before you used it and now it's a Snot rag.

    ReplyDelete