Sunday, July 10, 2011

Friends 4 Ever !!!

O.K. I know its a cheesy title, so sue me.
The thing is...Lets face it, even the best of friends with the best of intentions grow apart. You grow up, you move away, you get busy with families of your own and new friends and maintaining old friendships becomes hard, and you wonder if it's even worth it.
I went though a short  time when I'd pretty much lost touch with all my "B.F.F.'s" from my younger years. I often wondered what they were up to, how they were doing, and I'd laugh every now and then at some of the memories we'd made, but my life was full and rich and I figured I didn't need my old friends like I once had.
Then, something magical happened....We got the Internet, and I discovered Facebook and suddenly it felt as though all my old friends were new again.  I realized how much I missed them and wanted them back in my life. I enjoy reconnecting and reminiscing with them.
For the third year in a row two of my "old" friends (sorry Lola and Athene) have come up to Taylor to visit with their children, while Adam is away at scout camp.
My kids and I LOVE this tradition and we  hope it continues for many years to come.
While they are here, we don't go out of our way to plan exciting activities. We pretty much just let the kids play while we sit back, relax, reminisce, and laugh our brains out!
Thank you Lola and Athene for once again making the effort to come. I know life gets busy, and fuel is costly but I hope you know how much it means to me that you come.


I wish I'd have taken more photos. I guess I was just having to much fun to take pics. Oh well, I'll take more pics. next year. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment