Sunday, October 4, 2015

True Romance. Celebrating 14 years! July 12th

Celebrating 14 years with this handsome guy!!! Over 14 years ago he proposed to me in a very non-romantic way. He didn't get down on one knee. He didn't have a ring for me, and he didn't offer any grand words of adoration ...he simply said "Do you want to marry me Ruth?" And without any  hesitation, I said YES!!!! He may not have gotten down on one knee, but for the last 14 years he has gotten on his knees every night and morning to lead our family in prayer. It took a little while to get the ring, but not once during the last 14 years has he ever given me a reason to want to take it off. He may not have offered grand words of adoration, but for 14 years his words to me have always been kind and loving.  I didn't realize it at the time, but when I said yes, I was saying yes to the most romantic man on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment