Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sparks! March 24th 2001

Ten years ago today....I was SO surprised when Adam called me the very next day after our first date.
He invited me to go with him and some friends to a party out in Queen Creek. Of course I said YES!
I also invited my friend,  Debbie Towne to come along because I figured if we were going with his friends I might be the odd man out.
It turned out that all his other friends bailed so it ended up just being me, Adam and my friend Debbie.
When we got out to Queen Creek, everyone was playing capture the flag in a big pecan orchard.  We jumped right into the game and Adam and I sort of paired up on a team but instead of playing we spent most of the time just talking. I don't even know which team won, and I didn't care. The backyard where the party was held, was amazing. There was a huge tree fort with bridges, ladders, slides and a zip line. Adam and I spent the rest of the night talking and riding the zip line. We felt so comfortable with each other, and I started feeling those sparks that were lacking on our first date.
The only thing I regret about that night was that I sort of forgot about Debbie! Debbie, if you're reading this, I'm sorry!
At the end of the night, I wasn't worried about whether or not Adam would call me again. I knew he would, and that there would be many more dates in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment