Monday, June 9, 2014

Makeover Time

Caleb's room has been due for an update for quite a while. I decorated his room with John Deere decor when we moved in over six years ago. I didn't know it at the time, but even then, Caleb wasn't really into "farm tractors". He never told me, because he didn't want to hurt my feelings.

Caleb's room "BEFORE". 
I made sure that this time around, Caleb was the one calling all the shots.
We sat down together and talked about what he would like. He told me he liked "Cabin stuff" and that his favorite colors were red and blue.  We looked at pintrest together and made a "board" for his room. We made sure to only pin pictures we both liked! One idea we both really liked, was to nail pallet boards up all over one wall.  Adam has a stack of pallets from work and he said we were welcome to use as many as we wanted! We also decided to use a flag that Caleb already had folded up in his room.  We invested in some new sheets, but re-used some blankets we already had. I also bought new curtains, and some crates, which we painted and stacked to use as night stands. We re-arranged the furniture a bit, which made a huge difference!
We stayed well under our 150.00 budget.

Caleb's room "AFTER" We both LOVE IT!!

The pallet wall!

 Eventually, we want to put a new headboard on the bed and find or make a desk for the room. But we can wait until we find just the right pieces at just the right price.
One of the best things about this project was, from start to finish, we worked on it together. We sawed apart pallets, painted crates, and moved furniture and got to know each other better in the process. I'm happy with how the room turned out, but even more, I'm happy with who my son is turning out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment