Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tonto Natural Bridge

A couple of weeks before school got out, the fourth-graders went on a field trip to the Tonto Natural Bridge. There was just enough room on the bus for the students and staff. They didn't have enough room for parents, so I drove myself.
They really should have made room for parents on the buses. Once the buses arrived at the park and the kids all got off, it was total chaos. By the time the teachers and staff got all of the children organized into groups, they were only able to spend 40 minutes hiking. That was just enough time to hike down to one view point and then hike back out. The kids had lunch, got on the buses, and it was time to go home. Luckily, because I had driven myself, I was able to keep my trio with me.  We hiked back down to the viewpoint and then kept hiking. We climbed over big boulders and rock hoped across little streams. We saw amazing caves, clear blue ponds and awesome wind formations. We had the best time hiking that afternoon. We were able to relate the trail we were on to life, and the gospel. We talked about how even though sometimes the path we were on was hard and difficult, by staying on it, we were safer and were able to experience more moments of joy and beauty then we would have, if we'd have gotten off of the trail.  We were able to really appreciate the Lord's beautiful creations and we talked about his love for all of his children. I am so grateful to be blessed with these moments throughout my life when I can teach my children.  My children seem to be growing so quickly and I can't help but feeling like opportunities for these moments are running out. So I'll take each moment as it comes and make the most of it.











No comments:

Post a Comment