Friday, April 22, 2011

Dinner at the Quist Home April 22, 2001

Ten years ago today....
Adam and I went to my parents house for Sunday Dinner.  Even though Adam still hadn't even held my hand, I  had a feeling that he could potentially become a permanent part of my life and I wanted to see what my family thought of him so, earlier that week I invited him for dinner.
I begged my little brothers not to embarrass me, but I can't say that I was surprised when the first thing  my brother Ben said to Adam was "hey, you wanna see my ringworm".   Nice one Ben.
Then when Adam went to sit at the dinner table he accidentally pulled off one of the chairs finials (which was already broken)  and my mom teased him about breaking her chair. I don't remember much of the dinner conversation, but it was along the same lines as that dinner scene in the movie "While you were Sleeping."
Well, So much for great first impressions. The cool thing was, Adam said  he really enjoyed himself.
And, my family was smitten with him.  From then on, they never asked me when I was coming over for dinner, it was always "When is Adam gonna come over for dinner again?".
My reply was always the same  "When he holds my hand I'll invite him".  In other words....Maybe never.

No comments:

Post a Comment