Sunday, April 3, 2011

GOTTCHA!!!

Dinner is served......


April Fools!!!!

The Trio had been anxiously awaiting April fools day for weeks.
 They couldn't wait to tell me (countless times)  that there was a spider on my head, they'd lost their homework folder, they broke a limb, and that the house was on fire.....all in hopes of tricking me.
I just had to get even and trick them like they've never been tricked before.
The opportunity came when my cousin invited us to have dinner at her house.
I was grateful that I didn't have to make dinner and decided to use the time instead to clean out the refrigerator. I took all the leftovers that would have been thrown out or fed to the chickens, and put them in a casserole dish.
In the meantime I had put a loaf of garlic bread in the oven (our contribution to my cousin's meal).
This made the house smell really good, and the kids started asking " what's for dinner?".
"It's a surprise" I told them." a recipe I have never tried before".
I had them set the table, and Caleb made a salad (another contribution to the meal at my cousin's)
and when the table was all set I got out the bread, the salad, pretended to get the "casserole" out of the oven.
In a grand gesture, I set the meal before them. There faces were so funny! I could tell they didn't want to get in trouble by saying anything negative about dinner. They just looked and looked at it, while Adam kept saying how yummy it was gonna be.
"APRIL FOOLS!!!  We're going to have dinner with Jay and Kristen." I said
The kids were so relived, and admitted that I really tricked them good!
So, I'm pretty much the Queen of April fools day around here....A queen, with a spider on her head. AHHHH!!!



3 comments:

  1. GROSS! You're such a fun mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'll have to try that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog...what a fun mom you are! Cant wait to see you guys friday!

    ReplyDelete